With over 1 billion people every month and 71% of the audience under the age of 35, if you’re not active on Instagram, then you’re invisible. Here are some great ways to use Instagram better.
You may not remember, but Instagram wasn’t always the social media powerhouse it is today. It’s beginnings were humble and it started out as only a simple photo sharing app between friends. Instagram made it easy for people to edit and apply filters to their images.
And just when smart phones and digital photos became everywhere, Facebook purchased Instagram. They expanded and grew it into its own social media network.
As a jewelry store owner, when you join Instagram you have a unique advantage over other businesses. Jewelry is by nature a visual art form. Remember, when a customer walks in, you’re selling a unique work of art!
I’ll let you in on a little secret that only the best jeweler’s know. A younger audience is more valuable than an older one, because they can buy from you again and again. That means many more gifts, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and other special occasions over their lifetime.
On Instagram, you can reach a younger audience early in life and become the “jeweler of choice” in your neighborhood!
With so much opportunity and potential, there is no better time to get started than today. Here are the best ways to grow and convert your audience into sales.
1. Understand Your Audience–When people follow you on Instagram, you’ll see exactly who your potential customers are. Big companies pay thousands of dollars for market research, but learn how to use Instagram correctly and you can get the same rich marketing data for free.
2. Create Compelling Content–Over 65% of online marketers say it’s challenging to produce enough content to engage their audience. The main reason is because it’s not targeted enough. When you understand exactly who your audience is, you learn exactly what they want. Instagram becomes one awesome, real-time feedback loop. A good marketer can show you instantly what type of content works!
3. Don’t Be Afraid To Be Yourself–Audiences crave authenticity. They want to see the real “you”. The average consumer sees thousands of advertisements a day and they know they’re being marketed to. Don’t be pushy. Stand out by not selling. Show who you and your business really are. Be genuine and be yourself. Instagram loves true, authentic content.
4. Use The Power Of Hashtags–Hashtags are one outstanding strategy to reach new followers and boost the number of interactions on your channel. Ask your audience to post their own photos, using your store name as a hashtag or other jewelry keywords. Link the right hashtags to specific product categories or trending topics and watch your channel boom!
5. Engage Your Audience–Always reply to your followers and answer their questions. Share their photos on Instagram stories. Ask for feedback and interact with your audience. Be readily available and always visible; it shows that there’s a real person behind your channel.
It’s sad, but many jewelers start on Instagram, only to later ignore their audience. They think just posting photos is enough. It’s not. You have engage with your followers on a daily basis to cement lifetime relationships. Even a simple diamond, heart, or smiley emoji in a comment goes a long way.
Impact The Algorithm–Understanding how Instagram’s algorithm works is critical to your success. Many jewelers start out with and continue posting stale or boring content which doesn’t resonate with their audience. This can hurt you on Instagram and destroy your channel (even before you’ve even begun).
Remember, the worse your channel performs, the less Instagram is going to show you. To make up that additional visibility and ensure your audience sees you, Instagram will charge you for it. But, if you had done things right in the beginning, you could have gotten those eyeballs for free!
I’ll give you a few more examples. Did you know that a reels post usually has better engagement that a simple video? Also, a carousel post performs better than a single image post. What type of content you post and in what format greatly affects the algorithm.
Instagram may seem easy to use, especially when it’s used for yourself on a personal-level. But, when you’re using Instagram to grow your business, it’s not so simple. There are tactics and strategies you need to know.
Having a deep understanding what works and what doesn’t can make all the difference to your success. It’s the only way to guarantee you’ll convert your Instagram audience and grow your jewelry sales.
Emmanuel Raheb is Founder and CEO of Smart Age Solutions, a full-service award-winning digital marketing agency specializing in the fine jewelry industry. Smart Age’s mission is to grow independent jewelers and help them in their own backyard by running successful digital ad campaigns for clients and developing their web presence. Smart Age Solutions also advises, conducts webinars, and provides unpublished data from Google for its clients. Today, Smart Age Solutions has become synonymous with elevating standards by bringing innovation, strategy and change, and is the agency of record for many of the industry’s leading retailers and enterprise brands. To learn more, Contact Smart Age Solutions at https://form.smartagesolutions.com/contact-us.
Specialty: Google Advertising, Jewelry Websites & Marketing
Smart Age Solutions is a full-service award-winning digital marketing agency specializing in the fine jewelry industry. Smart Age’s mission is to grow independent jewelers and help them in their own backyard by running successful digital ad campaigns for clients and developing their web presence. Smart Age Solutions also advises, conducts webinars, and provides unpublished data from Google for its clients. Today, Smart Age Solutions has become synonymous with elevating standards by bringing innovation, strategy and change, and is the agency of record for many of the industry’s leading retailers and enterprise brands.
If you’re looking to grow your jewelry store online, marketing on Facebook is definitely something you’ll want to look into. Considering that Facebook is where jewelry buyers tend to hang out, it makes sense to tailor your ads to attract their attention and get them to click.
The best way to start growing your Facebook page and increasing the quality of your followers is by using Facebook Custom Audiences and Facebook Lookalike Audiences. Both these tools open up unique opportunities for ads.