Many of us were not prepared for a sudden shutdown due to covid 19, but as business owners we must be resilient and work through any existing crisis. To do so, you need a few things in your business revival kit to help your business thrive.
- Think of your website as your storefront. Would you want your storefront to be messy, unkempt, or hard to navigate? Of course not. It is essential nowadays to have a fully functional e-commerce site powered with SEO functionality. You will want to include a variety of products of what your customers would be searching for, as well as the ability to reach out to your customers via a texting widget such as Text Me Chat, Podium, and many others.
- You will need to have the ability and software to assist your customers in designing their own custom jewelry. Custom Studio is a great example of a patent pending design application that allows your customers to do this. Custom Studio is loaded with features to enhance your web presence. To see how the system works, please view the links of the retailers below who have the iframe directly installed into their websites. If you want to find out more about the software platform simply reach out to Star Gems and sign up for a quick and free demo of the service.
- Facebook sales and events have been beneficial for many businesses, just take a look at HSN and QVC as they do this 24/7. You will find helpful tips on youtube to help you get started. These live sales will become a fantastic way to gain a new stream of customers and income. If you need to find out more about how to increase online sales, joining Diamond Bill Warren’s Facebook group is a great place to start.
- You should consider publishing a weekly blog so your customers can engage with you. Share your own struggles and small victories as you navigate thru covid 19, but most importantly be compassionate to everyone, because that is all we can do while we are forced to keep our doors closed. Not all posts have to be jewelry related. Work on becoming an influencer as you post fun videos about you, your staff, and other creative ideas to help gain a solid, organic following.
- As you plan to re-open your store, plan on having face masks, gloves and hand sanitizer in abundance when handling customers jewelry items. It makes sense to be a little over cautious. Mom always said to keep good hygiene, if you never listened to her back then, you need to now!